Mobile Homes – Mobile Home Park, RV Park & Trailer Park
Multifamily Utility Company offers both code-compliant submetering systems and customized Ratio Utility Billing Systems RUBS for mobile home parks. From system design and installation to monthly meter reading and billing and ongoing service we handle everything so you don’t have to!
We sell, install, read and service non-proprietary water, gas and electric meter systems and Automatic Meter Reading AMR systems from industry leading manufacturers. We are dedicated to the seamless transition from resident introduction/notification to installation to resident billing and collections.
With more than 20 years of experience in multifamily, condominium, commercial, new construction, mobile home and military submetering systems, our knowledgeable equipment technicians ensure proper installation and maintenance and monitor your system performance - working with your site maintenance staff to correct common issues and minimize service costs.
Committed to being an industry leader in customer service we offer 24/7/365 live support in both English and Spanish. This allows us to respond to and follow up with residents, property staff, management and owners without delay. Service requests and questions are handled in a routine and detailed manner, allowing us to track, respond to and resolve customer issues quickly and professionally.
Whether considering a change to a new submetering service provider or a new submetering system for your community, it is important to ask the right questions. Submetering can be a complicated and confusing industry. How do you know what questions to ask? At Multifamily Utility we insist that you ask us any questions you have and we guarantee we will provide you with straight-forward answers. Following are some questions you may consider asking:
- Do the meters meet state and local requirements?
- Who owns the meters and who is responsible to maintain them?
- Will the metering system be provided without capital investment from the owners or association?
- Who is responsible for meter recertification?
- Is billing timely and done at regular intervals?
- Is the billing system robust and scalable to meet your needs now and in five or ten years?
- Are their multiple payment methods for the owners and residents including online payments, phone payments and AutoPay (ACH)?
Multifamily Utility Company Makes Submetering Simple
Submetering is a very complicated business but it doesn't have to make your job harder. Multifamily Utility provides an easy, transparent and seamless solution - looking after everything‚ from start to finish so you don't have to. From project analysis and planning to resident and management education to billing and collections we handle it all.
We do the Research for You
At Multifamily Utility, we believe that you must be fully informed about your options prior to making decisions regarding submetering. Multifamily Utility will provide each property owner and/or manager with a comparative recommendation to consider. We do the groundwork, provide the due diligence and rationale so you can make a more informed decision.
A Project Management Focus
Following the Project Management Institute (PMI) principals each project is carefully planned and organized to accomplish a specific objective. Multifamily Utility offers project management specific to utility-related programs within our area of expertise. The core of project management is managed expectation.
A successful Project Manager must simultaneously manage the four basic elements of a project: Resources, Time, Money and most importantly, Scope. All these elements are inter-related. Each must be managed effectively. All must be managed together if the projects and the project manager, are to be a success. Resources reference the people/contractors, equipment and material required. Time is the project duration - start to finish. Money is the financial requirements and expectation including contingencies necessary for a successful project.
Finally, Scope is the detail of project size, project goals and requirements. The scope should set specific goals and expectations. The scope should be agreed upon by all involved to ensure there is accurate and objective information, specific to performance expectations. In short, you cannot effectively manage the resources, time and money in a project unless you actively manage the project scope.
State-of-the-Art, Web-Based Billing System
Multifamily Utility utilizes a state-of-the-art, web-based billing system. Owners and residents will appreciate the benefits our system provides, including access to their account, in real-time, 24/7 via the web. Convenient online payment options via eCheck and credit card are also available to the owner and resident through their online account.
24/7 Property Managers Access
Multifamily Utility’s property management access allows property managers to view the utility consumption of each condo or townhome, run reports and perform various functions via the web 24/7, in real time! Some of the key reports and functions the property manager has are:
- Monthly Consumption profiling: Allows you to view water, electricity and/or gas consumption monthly for the entire building or by each individual unit.
- Monthly Billing: See what Multifamily Utility has billed each owner or resident for. You can download a comprehensive report for the entire property or pull up individual invoices from any current or past month.
- Aging Accounts Receivable: A comprehensive Accounts Receivable aging report.
- Over 95 Standard Reports: A variety of reports to meet your property specific requirements.
What are the steps to start a submetering program at our community?
- There are a few requirements to submeter utilities at any community to consider first. To submeter water each unit must have an individual hot and cold water line. Typically these units will have individual shut-off valves as well. To submeter electricity each unit must have an individual main breaker or breaker panel. To submeter gas there needs to be a single gas line servicing each unit and/or appliance (water heater, heater, fireplace, etc.)
- The association Board should also review the CC&R’s to determine if individual utility usage can be billed to each owner/resident. If you are in doubt, consult your attorney.
- Contact Multifamily Utility for a free quote. It will help to provide us with a plot map of the project and a copy of a recent utility bill for the utilities you are interested in submetering.
- A property survey will be completed and a detailed proposal will be developed and presented to the association Board. During this meeting we will go over the technical aspects of the proposed system, the cost and payment options for the system and any other questions the Board may have.
- If the Board votes to proceed and depending on the CC&R’s a second vote by the individual owners may be required.
- Once the decision has been made to start submetering Multifamily Utility will develop a detailed installation plan for approval by the Board. Once the schedule has been agreed on Multifamily Utility will send each owner an introduction letter along with their scheduled installation date and time. This letter will also include additional information about why this is being done and what services Multifamily Utility will be providing. It is our goal to answer any owner/resident questions so you don’t have to!
- After the meters are installed, they are all read on the same day each month. Bills are produced and mailed or e-mailed to each owner or resident. Multifamily Utility provides multiple payment options including online payments, payments over the phone, AutoPay and payments by mail.
- The money collected by Multifamily Utility is sent monthly to the property manager who in turn pays the utility bill just as they have done in the past.